ProQuizzer.com's Score Keeper software was the first "in quiz" software used at Bible Quiz Fellowship events. In 2003 all quizzes for the BQF national tournament were tracked using PQZ software with 3 sites using the software live. The ease of use of the Score Keeper software helped turn the corner on technology in Bible quizzing. In previous years teams would wait up, often past midnight, to get the results from the round robin quizzes. That first year, even with only three sites using the software live, the results were available within an hour of the last quiz. Since then most events use live computer scoring making results available almost instantly. ProQuizzer.com has continued a course of innovation in score keeping software. Version 6.5 of the Score Keeper software offers online score keeping, server isolated scoring and much more.
Score Keeper 6.5 is now available for download.
Score Keeper 6.5 Features
- Desktop interface. The Desktop Score Keeper requires Windows XP SP2 or higher. Using Microsoft's ClickOnce technology the application will automatically check for updates when you open it, allowing you to stay up to date with the latest features and bug fixes.
- File Sync. Score Keeper 6.5 uses a local data storage system that allows you to keep score without being connected to the internet or a server. No more stopping the quiz while you wait for the server to respond. The software manages the local data store seamlessly for you, keeping you out of database management. You can use your favorite file sync tool (e.g. DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) to keep your computers in sync.
- Color coded tallies. By using color coded tallies you get a score sheet that looks a lot more like that old sheet of paper you used to keep score on. This becomes increasingly important in overtimes when the user needs to see not only how many points were scored but when they were scored.
- Active alerts. Score Keeper 6.5 uses an alert system similar to that of instant messaging software. The alerts don't just pop up on screen and block your action, they display neatly over the team information. The scrolling action of the alert is designed to get the users attention without blocking what the user is doing.
- Save lineups. As a coach there is little worse than trying to check the scores after a quiz and finding the quizzers all out of order. By saving the lineups Score Keeper 6.5 can shuffle the quizzers back to their original seats or open a quiz in its last state in case of a system crash.
- Summary screen. Whether you want a quick view of the scores for the half or you want an active presentation of the scores in a quiz the summary screen is the answer. The summary screen is designed to give you a quick view into what you really want to see. Designed for display on a projection screen the format is tuned to what the audience really wants to know. As an action takes place on the score sheet the summary takes action too, displaying quizzer details and messages.
- Multi-season support. Score Keeper 6.5 allows you to track stats for multiple seasons without needing to create a new database.
Coming Soon to Score Keeper 6.5
- ScoreCast. Follow the quiz from a ScoreCast capable app on the same network.
- Dynamic HTML output. Output your stats into a set of dynamic HTML web pages.